Wearing a braided wig can be a great way to change your look without braiding your natural hair. However, just like any other type of wig, proper styling and maintenance is essential to ensure your wig’s longevity and to keep it looking its best. Today we will look at how to style and care for braided wigs.
What is a braid wig?
Braided wigs are made from human hair. Braided wigs protect your natural hair from the effects of heat styling tools and chemical treatments. It can be worn as hair or just as a fashion accessory so you can experiment with different hairstyles without damaging your natural hair. This is a great wig option for black women who want to experiment with new looks.
Styling Your Braid Wig
It is very important to prepare your braid wig carefully before styling it. With a wig brush or wide-toothed comb, start by brushing out any knots or tangles. Then, select the look you want to achieve. Box braid wigs, twists, cornrows and other variations are just a few of the styles available for braid wigs. When choosing a style, consider your face shape and personal preferences.
To braid and style your wig, start by separating small sections of hair. Divide one part into three parts. Cross the right strand over the middle strand, then cross the left strand over the new middle strand. Secure your braids with a small hair tie or braid holder. Continue this process until you achieve your desired style. Use a light styling spray on the wig before braiding for knotless braids. This will help keep the braids flat without knots. Continue this process until you achieve your desired style.
Of course, you can add accessories to match your outfit, which will make your braid wig match your makeup. You can add beads, rings or hair covers to your braids for a personalized style. These accessories can be found at your local beauty online or supply store. Adding accessories is an easy way to customize your knotless braid wig and make it fit your personal style.
Caring for your braided wig
Proper maintenance is essential to maintain the longevity and appearance of your braided wig. Here are some wig maintenance tips:
A. Daily maintenance routines
- Brush your wig daily with a wig brush or wide-tooth comb to prevent tangles and knots.
- Use a wig cap to protect your natural hair and prevent oil from transferring to the wig.
- Avoid sleeping with your wig on as this can cause knots or tangles.
B. Deep cleaning your wig
- Fill a basin with cold water and add a small amount of wig shampoo.
- Gently submerge the wig in water and rinse it for a few minutes.
- By using cold water, rinse the wig thoroughly.
- Pat the wig with a towel and lay flat to air dry.
C. Proper storage
- Keep your wig in shape by placing it on a wig stand or mannequin head.
- Keep your wig out of direct sunlight or heat, as this can melt or damage the hair fibers.
- Store your wig in a cool, dry place to prevent mold and mildew growth.
D. Tips for avoiding harm
- Avoid using excessive heat on your wig, as this can damage the hair fibers and cause breakage.
- Avoid using products that contain alcohol, as they can dry out hair fibers and cause breakage.
- Do not pull or pull the wig, as this may loosen or break the hair fibers.
Common pitfalls to avoid
There are some common mistakes to avoid when styling and caring for your braided wig. These include:
A. Use of misleading materials
Hair fiber can be damaged by using products that are not intended for wigs. So make sure you’re using shampoo, conditioner and styling products that are specifically designed for wigs.
B. Overstyling or over-manipulating the wig
Over-styling wigs can cause damage or breakage to the hair fibers. Avoid pulling the wig and use heat styling tools sparingly.
C. Not storing the wig properly
Storing your wig incorrectly can cause it to lose its shape and become tangled or damaged. Be sure to place your wig on a wig stand or mannequin head, and avoid storing it in direct sunlight or heat.
D. Using excessive heat
Excessive heat can damage or even melt the hair fibers of your wig. When using heat styling tools, use them on a low heat setting and avoid using them too often.
To maintain the appearance and extend the longevity of your braided wig, it is important to properly style and care for it. Proper preparation, daily care routines, and deep cleaning are key to keeping your wig in top shape. Additionally, avoid common mistakes such as using the wrong products, overstyling or over-manipulating the wig, not storing the wig properly, and using excessive heat. By following these tips and tricks, you can preserve your braided wig very well and change your look to your liking. If you want to know more about braid wig, please click expresswigbraids.com.