Premixed cocktails are exactly what they sound like: a drink that is already mixed together. They aren’t just pre-made drinks, however. Most pre-mixed drinks come with a concentrated syrup and bottling or dispenser for easy access and distribution.
Premixed cocktails were first introduced in the mid-19th century as an alternative to mixers (what we now consider soda water). The first pre-made cocktail was called “Rational Drinking” and contained brandy, absinthe, bitters, sugar, and lemon juice—all of which had been previously measured out ahead of time so that all you had to do was add ice before serving! It didn’t take long for this new technology of mixing cocktails at home on your own terms to catch on; by 1882 there were more than 60 different recipes available on store shelves nationwide!
Flavours and Ingredients
Premixed drinks are a combination of spirits or liqueurs, fruit juice and sugar. They’re bottled and ready-to-drink, so all you need to do is open the bottle.
The ingredients are usually not identified on the bottle but can be found online if you’re curious about what you’re drinking. The Manhattan mix contains rye whiskey, sweet vermouth and Angostura bitters. While premixed cocktails often contain lower quality alcohol than their single serving counterparts. The pros and cons of premixed cocktails-
- They’re easy to make. You don’t need a recipe, and you can just open the bottle, pour it into a glass, and drink.
- They’re convenient. No measuring required; just open the bottle and pour! If you’re fumbling with measuring spoons or worrying about spilling your ingredients all over the counter, this may be worth considering.
- You have less control over flavor—in particular, how strong (or weak) your drink will be when you make it at home. Premixed cocktails are designed for consistency by mixing in large batches using premixed ingredients that contain alcohol as well as water and other mixers like juice or soda pop.
Simplicity or sophistication?
It’s easy to look at premixed cocktails and think that they’re for uneducated drinkers or those who are just too lazy to make their own drinks. But as with many things, it’s not so simple. Premixed cocktails can be sophisticated and complex like a Manhattan or Old Fashioned, but also easy-to-make beverages like the classic Margarita can be great choices for bringing to parties. They’re also a great option if you have a lot of people to serve — instead of making individual drinks on demand, you can make one pitcher ahead of time and let your guests enjoy it throughout the evening. Finally, premixed cocktails are budget friendly! If you’re trying to save money by hosting your own party (or happy hour), then buying pre-made ingredients in bulk is an excellent way to do so without sacrificing taste or quality.
Premixed cocktails can be a great option for a good drink without all the work!
- Premixed cocktails are a great option for a good drink without all the work.
- Premixed cocktails are easy to make.
- Premixed cocktails are easy to transport.
- Premixed cocktails are easy to store in the fridge or on your countertop until you’re ready for them!
- If premixed cocktails aren’t your thing, check out our list of other ways you can make sure your party goes smoothly!
All in all, pre-mixed cocktails are a great option if you want to enjoy a good drink without all of the hassle. They’re delicious and convenient for anyone who wants to take their next party up a notch. If you’re looking for something easy and tasty, look no further than these premixed drinks.